The International Advantage: Get Noticed. Get Hired!
HF5382.75 .U6 B36 2015
3 Steps to Your Job in the USA : Go from F-1 to H-1B
HF5382.75.U6 S74 2015
Many international students seek a list of companies who are willing to consider sponsoring visas.
Going Global compiles this data for easy browsing. You can search and view H1B sponsoring companies by industry, company, location, and job title. Be aware, the wage data is based on prevailing wage data.
Going Global gets all their data from the US Department of Labor's Foreign Labor Certification (FLC) Case Disclosure Files. This includes all companies who have applied to sponsor a visa.
To save you time, check out our lists of H1B sponsoring companies -updated to reflect FY2015 data.
For ease of access, we have 4 different popular data sorts:
- All H1B certified applications, with bachelors or higher degree required
- A slice of H1Bs in the common BBA salary range
- A slice of H1Bs in the common MBA salary range
- A slice of H1Bs in the greater Atlanta metro area.
For all files, use your Emory log in; downloads best in Internet Explorer!
Create customized lists of domestic companies that have a have operations in over 200 countries. Search by country, region, state, company name, industry codes and revenue. Results include parent contact information (address, contact names, sales, number of employees, etc.) and the subsidiary operation contact information; the operations can be wholly or partially owned, subsidiaries, affiliates or branches.
Identify companies based on parent and subsidiary location, and includes 182,000 companies, with 62,000 international parent companies.
Find more sources > Directory of Corporate Affiliations
Search: Parent (country) and United States
for example: Parent (Spain) and United States
Want to enhance your business English , in writing or speaking? Emory has several helpful services:
Also, check out the CMC's recommendations for several free on-line sources such as the BBC's Learning English
Other Emory resources to explore include:
Emory subscribes to Mango Languages for many languages.
- "The basic course (10 lessons) focuses on polite greetings and small talk and is perfect for patrons who are planning a short trip to a foreign country, or for those who want to get a taste of a foreign language and culture.
- The complete course (100 lessons) is designed for patrons who already know the basics of a culture and a language, and want to increase their vocabulary, improve grammar and speak more fluently."
Do you want to work outside the U.S. or for a multi-national company? Consider interning or volunteering with a consulate's trade representative or a foreign chamber of commerce. Here's a sampling of active groups in the Atlanta area - and remember these groups have offices in all major US cities
- Global Georgia - The State of GA. has overseas offices and many countries have consultants and trade offices in Atlanta. Check the Events Calendar as well as People & Companies in the News.
- World Trade Center of Atlanta - Check out the Events and News section. Volunteer at an event, read the newsletter to learn about other organizations. WTC is part of a global network - check for an office in a state or country of interest to you.
- Turkish American Friendship Council - Programs support educational exchanges and internships in Turkey for US BBAs and MBAS, has a partnership with Goizueta. Check out the Programs tab for more information on events and conferences.
- French American Chamber of Commercee - Promoting the French American business community with the Southeast US (Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina and Tennessee) since 1985. Supports French and American companies with their trade needs. They have chapters in many US cities & also offer internships.
- Georgia Indo-American Chamber of Commerce - Seeks to contribute to the development and improvement of economic, commercial and financial relations between India and the Southeastern US, particularly in Georgia. They sponsor conferences & lectures – check out the calendar.
- American-Israel Chamber of Commerce, Southeast Region - To increase economic development by fostering understanding, cooperation, and business relationships between Israel and the Southeastern US. They offer internships and sponsor many events. Check the Directory and Committee sections - volunteer!
- German American Chamber of Commerce - Promotes and supports bilateral trade between Germany and the US. Private, non-profit organization that serves as the official representative of German trade in the southeastern US. Monthly events- check them out!