- Salary.com- compiles salaries based on their internal research and methodology. Search or browse the salary calculator by job function, experience level, or geography; data ranges from entry level to senior level positions
- Indeed's Salary Search - compiles salaries from employees, users and job advertisements from the last 36 months to provide an idea of the range in your target city and industry
- ZipRecruiter Salary Calculator - salary information sourced directly from employers, search by job title and location; also explore salaries by major.
- TransparentCareer.com - filter by degree, program type, location, and more; free registration required.
- SalaryExpert.com - high level information available free, specific reports available for fee
- Job Seekers Salary Calculator - salary information from NACE (National Association of Colleges and Employers)
- Robert Half International - the research tab has a variety of annual PDF salary guides that cover Finance & Accounting, IT, and more
US News and World Report's top MBA programs (2019 rankings) report salary data through their career centers - the links below take you to the most recent reports. The most recent Goizueta salary reports are available here.
A spreadsheet comparing 2018 MBA salaries by industry is available (log in: Emory NetID).
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) salary data includes:
A salary calculator using BLs data is available via GoodCalculators: Salary Calculator by State.
For more detail, review the BLS Occupational Employment Statistics. This survey data for state and metro areas covers 800 occupations.
- Quick browse: O*Net. Search your profession of interest, and then click on the salaries tab in the result.
- Detailed search: salary survey form:
Starting in 2018, the Securities and Exchange Commission provided interpretive guidance to assist companies' with compensation ratio disclosure data required by Section 953(b) of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
See the Atlanta Business Chronicle's story, "Here's the 2018 median pay at 50 top U.S. companies"
Harvard Law School's Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation provides analysis on pay ratios by industry as well.
The US Department of Labor's Foreign Labor Certification (FLC) Data Center 's Case Disclosure Files provide a list of firms who have applied to sponsor H1B visas in the past (choose the Disclosure Data tab). The compensation data included in this file is based on prevailing wage data.
Remember to take cost of living into account when considering a salary! Large city vs suburb, Northeast vs Southwest....
- Bankrate Cost of Living Salary Calculator - includes costs for many cost of living critera
- Payscale Salary Calculator - enter your own salary to compare across geographies
- Sperling's BestPlaces.net - includes rankings for a variety of quality of life considerations