- Indeed's Salary Search - browse salaries posted in jobs to get an idea of the range in your target city and industry
- Salary.com- search or browse their salary calculator by job function, experience level, or geography; data ranges from entry level to senior level positions
- TransparentCareer.com - filter by degree, program type, location, and more; free registration required.
- SalaryExpert.com - high level information available free, specific reports available for fee
- Job Seekers Salary Calculator - salary information from NACE (National Association of Colleges and Employers)
- Robert Half International - the research tab has a variety of annual PDF salary guides that cover Finance & Accounting, IT, and more
US News and World Report's top MBA programs (2017 rankings) report salary data through their career centers - the links below take you to the most recent reports. The most recent Goizueta salary reports are available here.
A spreadsheet comparing 2017 MBA salaries by industry is also available (log in: Emory NetID).
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) includes a variety of salary data.
A handy salary calculator using thier data is available via GoodCalculators: Salary Calculator by State.
For detailed data, review the BLS Occupational Employment Statistics. These include survey data sets for state and metro area salary data covering over 800 occupations. An easy way to browse to this data is with O*Net. Search your profession of interest, and then click on the salaries tab in the result.
Consider their customizable salary survey form:
1. select an area
2. select a category (for example: Executive, administrators and managers)
3. chose a level (the "get help" is great for this)
4. add the choices to your selection and then click "get data."
Tip - the data opens in a pop up window, so make sure your pop up blocker is turned off!
BLS also provides some great regional compensation charts that are also quite helpful.
American Salaries and Wages Survey - BUS REF HD4973.A67
Going Global provides data from the BLS on those companies who have applied to sponsor H1Bs. This can be useful in salary negotiation, as the prevailing wage is one of the fields reported in that data.
Although this wage does not include an individual's specific details, you can easily browse job titles and salaries to get an idea of what the range is in a firm.
Check out these search tips for Going Global.
Remember to take cost of living into account when considering a salary! Large city vs suburb, Northeast vs Southwest....
- Bankrate Cost of Living Salary Calculator - includes costs for many cost of living critera
- Payscale Salary Calculator - enter your own salary to compare across geographies
- Sperling's BestPlaces.net - includes rankings for a variety of quality of life considerations