The Goizueta Business Library is pleased to provide Goizueta alumni with free remote access to content from Factiva.
What is Factiva?
- Read the latest news from top business sources like The Wall Street Journal and the New York Times “at-a-glance” with the News Pages.
- Find U.S. and non-U.S. public company information using Company Quick Search
- Search for articles from 9000 national and international newspapers and magazines such as The Financial Times.
Read The Wall Street Journal online with Factiva.
One you log in:
- Click the "news pages" tab on the green bar
- Scan the front page headlines from today's Wall Street Journal
- Click the headline to view the full text of any article
- Select the pull down menu to view stories from other sections
You'll also see top headlines from the New York Times, Barron's, and others. The "at-a-glance" headlines are available for the most recent two weeks for newspapers and the most recent three issues for magazines.
Make the most effective use of your time when searching for articles in your free alumni Factiva account. Here are three tips to find the perfect article!
- * Look for plurals. Place an asterisk at the end of your keywords to search articles that include your keyword as a plural or a different tense.
compet* retrieves competitor(s), competition, competing…
- or Use synonyms. Expand your search by adding several synonyms with “or.” This looks for any of the words you type; not all need to be in the article.
(compet* or rival* or challenge*)
- hlp= Check the Headline. Looks for words in the article title and/or first 13 paragraphs of the article. This increases the probability that the article will focus on the topic you’re searching for.
hlp=(iPodl) and hlp=(rival* or compet* or challeng*)
Reviewing how your favorite companies performed over the last year?
- Log into Factiva
- Select the Companies/Markets tab from the green bar at the top of the page
- Select Charting from the menu under the green Factiva bar
- Type the ticker symbol in the box on the left
Factiva will graph the company's price and volume. You may select a date range from one month to five years, as well as other criteria.
Have questions on other ways to search Factiva? E-mail the business librarians at firstname.lastname@example.org and check out the attached tutorial below:
Access to the alumni databases, including the sharing of user names and passwords, is limited to Goizueta Business School alumni only, for personal enrichment and career research. Violation of this policy may result in loss of alumni privileges. Users are individually responsible for compliance with these terms.
|Factiva Search Tips Tutorial||142.7 KB|