U.S. and international public company historical and current financials, pricing, deals, fixed income, global market, economic data, and more.
Get registered for FactSet:
- Use your emory.edu email to register via GBS SharePoint. All other emails will be rejected.
- When prompted for your graduation month/year, provide correct information; all data is verified by Emory.
- Within 5-7 days you will get an email confirming registration/login information.
- Login at https://my.factset.com (web access cheat sheet)
Use of this database is restricted to current Goizueta Business School faculty, students and staff for academic, career and personal enrichment, and may not be used for internships or employers. Proper Use of GBL Databases
- 1.877.FACTSET (1.877.322.8738) available 24x7: help for accessing, logging in, or using specific applications or functionality
Accessing and Using FactSet in the Business Library
- In the Business Library: FactSet Client with Excel add-in is installed on Sao Paulo and La Paz computers.
- Both are located to the far right of the GBL entrance, beneath the FactSet sign hanging from the ceiling.
Differences between web access (MyFactset) and the Business Library client install
- What’s the same?
- Content and search functionality
- What’s different?
- Excel functionality
- Client version – only option for using Excel Add-In
- Web access – can pull multiple data points for a single entity
- eLearning - Many excellent 2 minute+ videos, including quick access to the most frequently watched videos.
- Client version – click on the eLearning tab within FactSet
- Web Access – access separately at: https://learn.factset.com; if prompted to login, use your FactSet username/password
- Excel functionality
Factset Search Suggestions
- Factset Quick Start Guide
- Screening for Deals in FactSet
- Generating League Tables in Factset
- Screening for Past Precedents and Comparable Deals in FactSet, Thomson EIKON, and Bloomberg
- Tips for using Factset Excel Add-In
FactSet Core Certification
- Learn to use FactSet to analyze multiple asset classes - completion time averages 4 hours
- Includes 4 learning components, each with its own quiz, plus a final quiz at the end (each part must be completed in order)
- Part I: Navigating Fact: Navigating FactSet
- Part II: Staying on Top of the Markets
- Part III: Equities
- Part IV: Fixed Income
- FactSet Core Certification Exam
- Get Started: login at https://learn.factset.com
- On left beneath Home, click Catalog
- Click Getting Started tab
- Click FactSet Core Certification
- Click Register button
- Maximum of two attempts to pass and receive certification
- After receiving a passing score of 70 or above on the cumulative exam, you are able to download a certificate
- Once you have the certificate, you may add “FactSet Core Certified” onto your resume
- Use this link to add a Core Certification badge to your LinkedIn profiles
Knowledge Base Financial Modeling
- Self-paced interactive training program focused on financial modeling in Excel; beginning with Excel basics, you progress through a series of complex model-building exercises and assessment questions.
- View detailed description of all 19 chapters.
- If you complete all 19 modules and pass the exams with a grade of 70% or higher, you can add “FactSet Knowledge Base Certified” on your resume. If your employer contacts FactSet, they can look you up in their system and verify that you did complete all of the modules.
Report a Problem
If you encounter a technical problem accessing this database, please let us know.
Proper Use of GBL Databases
Proper Use of Licensed Databases for Course-Affiliated Client Projects, Directed Studies, Field Studies, and Case Competitions. Have Questions? Send us a message at Ask a Librarian.