U.S. and international public company historical and current financials, pricing, deals, fixed income, global market, economic data, and more.
NOTE: FactSet requires registration which takes 3-5 days for activation; we recommend you register now to avoid access delays. To register:
- Use your emory.edu email to register via GBS SharePoint. All other emails will be rejected.
- When prompted for your graduation month/year, provide correct information; all data is verified by Emory.
- Within a week, you will get an email confirming registration/login information.
- Login at https://my.factset.com (web access cheat sheet)
Use of databases requiring a GBS SharePoint registration or login are restricted to current Goizueta Business School faculty, students and staff for academic, career and personal enrichment, and may not be used for internships or employers. Proper Use of GBL Databases
- 1.877.FACTSET (1.877.322.8738) available 24x7: help for accessing, logging in, or using specific applications or functionality
Accessing and Using FactSet in the Business Library
- In the Business Library: FactSet Client with Excel add-in is installed on Sao Paulo and La Paz computers.
- Both are located to the far right of the GBL entrance, beneath the FactSet sign hanging from the ceiling.
Differences between web access (MyFactset) and the Business Library client install
- What’s the same?
- Content and search functionality
- What’s different?
- Excel functionality
- Client version – only option for using Excel Add-In
- Web access – can pull multiple data points for a single entity
- eLearning - Many excellent 2 minute+ videos, including quick access to the most frequently watched videos.
- Client version – click on the eLearning tab within FactSet
- Web Access – access separately at: https://learn.factset.com; if prompted to login, use your FactSet username/password
- Excel functionality
Factset Search Suggestions
- Factset Quick Start Guide
- Screening for Deals in FactSet
- Generating League Tables in Factset
- Screening for Past Precedents and Comparable Deals in FactSet, Thomson EIKON, and Bloomberg
- Tips for using Factset Excel Add-In
- FactSet Essentials Certificates of Completion
- FactSet Learning Academic FAQs
FactSet Certificates of Completion
- FactSet offers five certificates including portfolio analysis, screening and derivatives products.
- Get Started: login at https://learn.factset.com
- Interested in learning about financial modeling? Search "model" in the learning site to review the content.
- Use this link to add a Core Certification badge to your LinkedIn profiles
Report a Problem
If you encounter a technical problem accessing this database, please let us know.
Proper Use of GBL Databases
Proper Use of Licensed Databases for Course-Affiliated Client Projects, Directed Studies, Field Studies, and Case Competitions. Have Questions? Send us a message at Ask a Librarian.