Financial and organizational data for over 1.8M IRS recognized U.S. nonprofits, community foundations, and faith-based organizations.
Use the Foundation Directory and GuideStar in tandem for non-profit research:
Foundation Directory - Who is giving money to non-profits and how much?
GuideStar - How are non-profits spending the money?
Use of this database is restricted to current Goizueta Business School faculty, students and staff for academic, career and personal enrichment, and may not be used for internships or employers. Proper Use of GBL Databases
Search by location, financial criteria, employee size, type of 990 filed, and more.
Searches may be exported to excel. Register using your emory.edu email to do so. There is a limit of 1000 downloads per student per month.
Financial data includes:
- Revenue and expense data for the current year
- Up to three years of IRS 990 images, pulled from the IRS master file
- Updated once a month, when the IRS digitizes them
- This data maybe 18-24 months behind due to variances in organizations' fiscal years and available time to file
- Balance sheet data for up to five years
- Annual reports for all years
- Funding sources (such as contributions, program service revenue, fundraising, etc)
- Expenditures for contractors
Organizational data includes:
- Demographics including gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation and disability for board members, senior staff, full time staff and part time staff
- Compensation for key employees
- Names of CEO, Board chair, board members, and charity contact information
Report a Problem
If you encounter a technical problem accessing this database, please let us know.
Proper Use of GBL Databases
Proper Use of Licensed Databases for Course-Affiliated Client Projects, Directed Studies, Field Studies, and Case Competitions. Have Questions? Send us a message at Ask a Librarian.